Lancaster County, founded in 1651, has approximately 330 miles of tidal shoreline along the Rappahannock River, Chesapeake Bay and all the tributaries. The towns include Kilmarnock, Lancaster, Lively, White Stone, Weems, and Irvington. The abundance of waterfront and proximity to local attractions, makes it one of Virginia’s top retirement and vacation communities.
While traveling through Lancaster County, you will see majestic homes on the water, beautiful farmland, historic landmarks, locally owned restaurants, shops, golf courses and vineyards.
The town of Kilmarnock is the commercial hub of the Northern Neck featuring beautiful historic buildings, grocery stores, medical offices, Rappahannock General Hospital, and a charming downtown area with many locally owned shops and restaurants. This town has many great local events including music and concerts in Town Centre Park, the Lighted Christmas Parade, and the Kilmarnock Volunteer Fire Department Carnival.
The town of Irvington features the luxurious, waterfront Tides Inn Resort. There are many great restaurants and events in Irvington including: Famer’s Markets, Sailing Charters and Schools, marinas and vineyards. Just before Irvington, you will see a “Compass” a great entertainment center for all ages featuring: mini golf, a movie theatre, games, go karts and even ice skating in the winter.
Bodies of Water: Rappahannock River, Chesapeake Bay, Corrotoman River, Fleets Bay. Learn more on their County Website & Government Offices here.Boat Ramps:
- Belle Isle State Park Boat Ramp
- Greenvale Creek, Thomas Landing
- Steamboat Road-Irvington Boat Ramp
- Windmill Point Marina
- Kilmarnock-Lancaster Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Kilmarnock Volunteer Fire Department
- Lancaster County Emergency Services
- Bundick Cottage: Lottsburg VA
- Hampton Inn: Tappahannock
- Holiday Inn Express – Tappahannock
- Kilmarnock Inn
- Ma Margaret’s House
- Reedville Home
- Tides Inn: Irvington
- A Drift, White Stone
- Anna’s Italian Restaurant, Kilmarnock
- Donna’s on Main, Kilmarnock
- Dredge, Irvington
- Great Fortune Chinese Restaurant, Kilmarnock
- Lee’s Restaurant, Kilmarnock
- Sandpiper Restaurant, White Stone
- The Oaks, Lively
- Willaby’s Café, White Stone
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.